Monday, May 17, 2010

This year...

We just had a very good Stake Conference. A lot happened... They split our ward and I am no longer in the bishopric. Mela and I are not in the Palo Verde Ward anymore. We are in a new ward called the Westpark Ward. As to what callings we will have we have no idea. I hope I get made a Gospel Doctrine teacher or a teacher in Sunday School. I really enjoy teaching.

We are really going to miss our friends in our old ward. Mela & I cried when we found out that most of our close friends and families we have looked up to and people we have served with are now in another ward.

Every ward is what you make of it. Mela & I will make the Westpark Ward our best ward ever just like we did with Palo Verde.

All this being said... I am very happy to not be in charge of anything. I’m a much better Indian than I am a Chief.

On another note:

Stake Conference always gets me thinking. I need to set some goals and get on them. Some of these goals are more urgent than others. I think I will list them in this blog post and the talk about each of them in future posts... They may give me something to write about.

This year I will...
  • Lose weight and get healthy
  • Get my family ready for any sort of emergency
  • Get out of debt
  • Have a green lawn
  • Get and stay organized
  • Serve others
  • Put off the world
  • Immerse myself in the lives of my children and my wife
  • Not waste time

The above goals are not in any particular order. I think they are all going to have to be worked on at the same time.

1 comment:

Mela said...

great post. I am sad to move on but excited for our new adventure.