Friday, May 14, 2010

SB1070

Is it just me or is life and the world just getting crazy?
 
SB1070 – boy I don’t even know where to start.

First of all, unlike most of SB1070’s critics, I’ve read the bill.  It’s only 17 pages long.  Click here...


My humble suggestion is for everyone to read the bill and form your own opinion.  Stop listening to the talking heads on radio and TV.  Also, if you read the bill think of it from Arizona’s perspective.  Phoenix is the #2 city when it comes to home invasions and kidnappings – second only to Mexico City.  Arizona is #1 when it comes to ID theft.  Citizens down on the boarder sleep with their guns because of the recent murders and the drug traffic happening on their land.  We’ve had several gun fights on I-10 between rival gangs.  All of these are just to name a few.

If you read the bill you likely won’t find anything in it that is racist.  There is nothing in it that says we are going to deport all the illegals or start rounding people up.

The federal government hasn’t done anything for years.  SB1070 literally mirrors federal laws when it comes to resident aliens.  What’s the difference?  If the FED isn’t going to do their job then Arizona will.  Frankly put we (70% of Arizona voters) are sick of the “it’s not my job” excuse.  It needs to end.  If FED won’t take care of illegal immigration then the states will and should.
 
On a personal note...
 
Mela and I had a drop house two doors down from us when we lived in Avondale where armed men were holding 30 illegal immigrants hostage.  I personally have been in an accident with a person who didn’t have a driver’s license or insurance who was here illegally.  Guess who had to pay for the accident... me and my insurance.
 
I really don’t want to offend anyone.  I am very sorry if I do...

2 comments:

Mela said...

LOVE IT! Great post Kyle. I love you.

ashtqui said...

Right on!