Monday, May 18, 2009

Andrew

Today is Andrew’s 5th birthday. This blog will be rambling about my Sweet Boy.

Time flies when you have a boy like Andrew. In my blog today I’m going to take a few minutes to talk about my boy, Andrew. Mela and I are so privileged to have such a choice child.

Andrew has boundless energy. He does not slow down for anyone or anything. He doesn’t even slow down to eat. Eating is a distraction for him. He would rather be playing with his trains or in the back yard than eating. Would that be a nice attribute to have? I wish eating was a distraction to me rather than an attraction.

Andrew loves going to Pima where he can explore and play until he just goes to sleep. Mela and I timed him one day in Pima. He woke up at about 7:30 and he played until 11:30 that night. He was full of energy the entire day. Drew is simply amazing! According to my mom the best adjective that describes Andrew is “exuberant”.

I love it when I come home from work and Andrew, with the aid of his sister, will try to scare me. I will me standing in the kitchen when I hear him and Jaedyn coming down the stairs whispering “let’s scare daddy...” I always act scared. This kind of stuff never gets old.

Andrew is a good little helper. He will help me mow the lawn, wash the trucks and fix the bikes. He doesn’t quit and he will stay with me until the job is done. I have pictures of him helping me push the lawnmower all over the lawn.

Andrew has such a sweet little personality. I love hearing him pray. He will ask Heavenly Father to bless Baby (Jaedyn), mommy & daddy, Olivia, Floppsy (his stuffed giraffe) and his trains. Often he will ask Heavenly Father to give Jesus a hug and a kiss. I am very confident our Savior get’s His hugs and kisses regularly from our Father in Heaven.

We have watched the movie Cars at least a 1000 times. It is Andrew’s favorite movie. If you asked him what he wants to watch it will almost always be Cars. He loves Thomas the Train and Speed Racer also. For the longest time I thought Andrew had very predicable viewing tastes but lately he is into The Biggest Loser and some HGTV show called For Your Home. At least he’s not into Days! Ironically, Jaedyn is my little Sci-Fi fan. She is into Battlestar Galactica Star Wars and Star Trek.

One of Andrew’s most amazing gifts is his ability to forgive. I am so glad my boy forgives his dad when I lose my patience. With Andrew he will get mad or upset and then a minute later it is gone like it never happened. I wish I could be that way.

I love my boy with all my heart.

2 comments:

Michelle Ashton said...

Awww! Great post. I love that little guy. He is so stinkin' cute! Give him a big hug for me.

Mela said...

He is such a good "Big Boy!" I love you Andrew!!!