Thursday, November 6, 2008

Now the election is over...

Many of my friends are ecstatic Obama and the Democrats won. My mom and my sister are included in this list. I am happy for them. I hope their party can “fix what’s broke” in the nation.

I look at politics like I look at sports. I love the Diamondbacks. Often you will hear me yelling and cussing and getting frustrated at some managerial decision. There have been many times where I was yelling at the TV “Pull the pitcher, PULL HIM!” and then 3 runs later the manager finally pulls him. Does it mean that I’m not a fan? No.

To some degree I feel the same way about being a Republican.

Here are my thoughts on how we have come to this point as a party.

Bill Clinton did more for the Republicans than he did for the Democrats. Under Clinton the republicans were able to find unity, a message, a voice and they were able to come into power in 1994. Twelve years later they were just as bad as the Washington insiders they defeated.

George Bush did more for the Democrats than he did for the Republicans. The Democrats were able to find unity, a message and a voice. Hopefully the Obama presidency will wake up the conservative wing of the Republican Party. Hope

Bush is a good man. I think he means well. I totally agree with the WSJ article that the treatment of Bush has been disgraceful. My biggest problem with Bush is he’s not a conservative. My second biggest problem with Bush is he was too nice. He should have dealt with the Democrats with the same attitude he fought terrorism. They are the enemy and they and their philosophies must be defeated.

1 Kyle 1:1 “Nice guys get screwed.”

If the republicans can get back to being true conservatives then they will start winning.

2 comments:

Mela said...

well lets see what the next 4 years are going to do for us.

"Live in Faith not Fear."

Annette Bybee said...

The only positive about this election was that partially because the blacks came out to vote in droves, we got gay marriage bans in three states! Wahoo!