Thursday, November 13, 2008

I was tagged by Mela

Thanks Mela for Tagging me. I was running out of things to write about.

8 television shows that I watch
1. Mad Men
2. Breaking Bad
3. Dirty Sexy Money
4. Heroes
5. Chuck
6. How I met your mother
7. Battlestar Galactica (please please let there be new episodes!)
8. My Own Worst Enemy
I don’t know about you... I’ve kind of lost my taste for TV. We DVR everything and I am so far behind on so many shows I don’t know where to start. I guess not watching that much TV is a good thing. Gotta love hulu.com!

8 Favorite Restaurants
1. Rubio’s
2. Taco Bell
3. Pei Wei
4. Macaroni Grill
5. My Own BBQ Grill
6. Mela’s home cookin’
7. Karen’s home cookin’
8. Red Robin

8 Favorite Singers or Bands (I’ve been into country music... sorry Kirk & Lisa)
1. Rodney Atkins
2. Rascal Flatts
3. Rush
4. Queenryche
5. AC/DC
6. Big & Rich
7. Sugarland
8. Little Big Town

8 Books I have read lately
1. Brsingr
2. The Great and Terrible series
3. Harry Potter (4 times)
4. LDS Handbook of Instruction books 1 and 2
5. Complete Dune series
6. Twilight (too much kissy kissy not enough killy killy)
7. Mere Christianity and many other CS Lewis books
8. An Inconvenient Book by Glenn Beck

I haven’t found anything exciting to read lately...

8 things I did yesterday
1. Went to QT for my 52oz Diet Coke (Mormon Coffee)
2. Two Client visits
3. Worked on revamping internal stats reports
4. Dissected 1,820,179 line transaction file to find instances of the letter “a” in the quantity field. Easy using SQL...
5. Wrestled with the kids (it’s tickle time!!)
6. Wrestled the wife ;)
7. Tried to get the 2009 Stake Calendar into Outlook 2007 and get it to print right... (Outlook 2007 really sucks)
8. Met with the primary president (we need nursery workers really bad), the Bishop and did two scout board of reviews.

8 things I am looking forward to
1. Thanksgiving
2. This weekend
3. Windows 7
4. Quantum of Solace
5. Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
6. My next long bike ride
7. The Market and the Economy to rebound
8. Go home and play with the family this afternoon

8 things I wish for...
I don’t know... World Peace...?? My kids not to grow up so fast...?

7 comments:

Michelle Ashton said...

We need nursery teachers too! That is a hard job to fill!

Michelle Ashton said...

Oh and.....
(4. Dissected 1,820,179 line transaction file to find instances of the letter “a” in the quantity field. Easy using SQL...)

WHAT?!!

Mela said...

I am not teaching nursery! :)

lackrik said...

Who is Rodney Blah blah blah???

Only 3 of the 8 you listed were real bands? What is happening to you Kyle? lol What a nice big Stetson belt buckle for Christmas? ;)

Anonymous said...

Country Music? COUNTRY MUSIC?!?! Oh, Kyle...

Kyle Is Neat said...

I'm sorry... I feel dirty... I like country music... Mela brought me over to the dark side of music.

Mela said...

He did it all on his own. :0) Just glad he was able to see the light.