Tuesday, June 10, 2008

10 things I can't wait for (part 2)

I wrote ten things I can’t wait for last July. Here’s an updated list.

  1. The election to be over. I hate the election season. I can only take so much BS and this year it seems we are getting a double helping.
  1. Heroes – whatever happened to Heroes? After the writer’s strike Heroes seems to have dropped off the face of our television landscape.
  1. Chuck – same story as Heroes. Dropped off the TV landscape...
  1. Summer movies that my wife has refused to see with me: Wall-E (Mela doesn’t like animation movies!?), Hellboy 2 (opening night baby!!), X-Files, The Dark Knight and Star Wars: The Clone Wars. As far as I know none of these are rated R.
  1. Date night. Mela and I trade babysitting with two other couples. Sometimes date night is all that gets me through the week.
  1. Gas prices to be below $2 a gallon – trust me, I’m not holding my breath.
  1. My sweet children to not grow up. I want my kids to stay little!!
  1. Family Vacations! We have a couple of fun vacations planned... more details to follow...
  1. Get released from the Bishopric. I love my calling, don’t get me wrong. My calling has taught me so much about myself and has pushed me in many ways. I love the other members of the bishopric. I love my ward. I love to serve the Lord in whatever way I am asked. But, I would much rather be a Gospel Doctrine teacher were I can do what I do best, where I don’t have all the worry and where I can sit with my family during sacrament meeting.
  1. To lose my last 10 pounds. I really haven’t written about this... I started on a diet last fall. Back then I weighted 243 lbs. Now I weigh 212 lbs. I want to get to around 200 lbs. It has been fun buying new clothes. I had to get a new suit last week.

2 comments:

Mela said...

You have only been in the bishopric a few months! Get use to it, you are really good at it! :0)

I love you, good think Drew is old enough to go see WallE with you!

Anonymous said...

once the last 10 are gone we need pictures. What an accomplishment. Nice work.
Did this mean you gave up your daily Diet Cokes??