Monday, January 26, 2009

thoughts

I haven’t written in a while. Mela and I have been so busy with life. I didn’t even get to send out a Christmas letter this year – I am very sorry. I didn’t get to a Christmas letter for two reasons: we were busy and I have been so uninspired of late. It seems like a funk has settled itself upon me for the last few weeks. Well it’s time to put an end to it!

I have been pondering the actual funk itself and its source. I noticed other people have been afflicted by this funk. I feel it in myself and I feel it in others. There is a funk out there and I have been struggling to put my finger on it.

Let me tell you what I mean when I say “funk”. A funk is a state where you really don’t want to do anything. Nothing sounds fun. Everything requires too much energy to do. Even things that were fun seem to just take too much energy. You end up sitting in front of the TV or the computer and just do nothing.

This funk could be the postpartum depression we all get from the holidays. Christmas trees come down, New Years is over and now you have to get back to the “real world”...

On another note:

Some days it just not worth chewing through the restraints....

2 comments:

Mela said...

You are fine! I love you! Drew & Jaedyn love you!

Anonymous said...

I hear ya. Its a weird month.