Sunday, August 10, 2008

1972

My mom & dad gave me a bunch of slides. I've scanned in a lot of them.

I'm not sure if this is Kirk or myself. This does give you a good view of our back yard at the Hazelton house.


I am on the left and Kirk is on the right. I'm guessing these pictures were taken sometime in July of 1972 - I would be 4 and Kirk would be 3.



Nice 70's outfits.


The old Hazelton house. This was the first house I remember. I remember it was hugh - bigger than our current house. It had shag carpets that you had to rake regularly and mirror tiles on the walls. I really miss this house. Unfortunately, US60 was built right behind us.


This looks like Easter 1972. Gotta love the candy.



Our kitchen had a bar with gold chairs.



Kirk and I are playing the water in the side yard. I'm guessing this was a broken water pipe and we were "helping" dad. I wish the picture was brighter.



Back in '72 you gave your kids guns. On the left side of the bed you will see my Charlie Brown lunch box. I still have this prominently on display in my office.


Now I think Kirk would kick my butt.

4 comments:

lackrik said...

gee.....wonder why our kids look just like daddy! LOL! Ian and Erik especially....it's almost freaky!

Unknown said...

I know. Erik looks just like me.

Mela said...

I thought the same thing! I can see Drew in the picture of Kyle in his church outfit.

Mela said...

You need to find some pictures with Maren in them now! :0)