Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Slides...

John Warner Mattice, Mela's father, past away back in 1979. John was quite the photographer. Back in John's day (for some crazy reason) most pro-amateur and professional photographers took pictures on slides. John literally has 100s if not 1000s of slides that no one has looked at for years.

I have been dying to look at them and to digitize them into JPEGs. I have a back lit scanner with a slide adapter but it could only scan two slides at a time. This would take forever! So, this last weekend I tried something different...

I took my camera and set it up on a tripod. I got the slide projector and the screen setup. Then I pointed my camera (as best I could) directly at the screen. I took pictures of the slides as they were being displayed on the screen. It actually worked out pretty well. I still have 100s of slides to process.

Tell me what you think...

Sylvia, Mela & George are on the left.


Michelle

Baby Tricia with Mom.


Baby Tricia with John.


George in his scout uniform


We think Michelle with miscellaneous Perry kids.


Mela, George & Sylvia


Baby Michelle


The pictures below were not taken by John but they are priceless...
Doesn't my wife look hot!! She's the red head... dang I'm a lucky man.


I love the hair!

5 comments:

Michelle Ashton said...

WOW! They look fantastic!

I know that when we looked through them, to make the dvd, it took hours! It will be so nice when you get them all done.

Way to go Kyle!!

Mela said...

These are awesome! I know we all our very grateful you are doing this! You and my dad would have had a lot of fun together doing photography!

Mom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mom said...

Kyle,
You really did a great job on these. They look like the originals.
It sure does bring back many memories.
Thanks for doing this.
Love You!
Karen

Trish said...

These are awesome. I can't wait until you do them all.

The one with Michelle in the tub... John Perry and probably Verlynne.

The one outside the Church. I think you must hate us...

I always love to see the pictures you take (they look very professional). I am still waiting on one of the front of the Temple (Baptismal Font side).

Love you!!!